Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm updating again!!!

...though this time not from the comfort of my home. I don't know why, but the home Internet is so slow. I mean, I do know why. It's dial-up, and I live in the middle of nowhere. Anyhow, sorry if I was chatting with any of you and then I suddenly disappeared, that's just how the home Internet rolls.

For reasons I don't quite understand and which no kid has been able to explain to me, the kids have had school off for the last day and a half. Since most kids live up in my 'hood and don't go down to the dar chebab unless they have school, that means no work for me. Here's some things I've done with my time off:

-Scared the bejeesus out of a donkey (I still don't understand how this happened. And no, it wasn't intentional.)
-Had a dance party in my house. Forgot that my floor is uneven and wiped out in the middle of a rousing rendition of "I Just Can't Wait to Be King."
-Discovered the secret to getting the right consistency in my marinara sauce. (Hint: Stick it in the food processor.)
-Got mocked by two children for making tea with tea bags and not putting sugar in it.
-Ate a lot of bread.
-Thought about showering this morning but then remembered that it's only been 4 days since my last shower so I'm probs good for another couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. I love this and you so much!!! Damn those uneven floors, I can imagine you were really rockin' out and who wouldn't be to the Lion King!!! I miss you Meech and I hope I can find you online one of these days to chat! Cuidate!!!

    ReplyDelete